What is Divorce Coaching?
Divorce coaching is a very proactive, solution focused approach that is geared towards helping you navigate through the difficult hurdles you are likely to experience through the divorce process.
Divorce coaching will help you make informed decisions that directly impact your future. Coaching is not therapy. While therapy focuses on understanding the past and on feelings, coaching is more action oriented in devising plans on how to problem solve and move forward. Essentially, coaching can help you to assess where you are going, how you are going to get there, and how to handle stressful situations as they arise. Relying on your coach’s expertise, will keep you on track with your divorce.
Benefits of Coaching?
1. Getting Results: This is one of the major benefits of coaching. By regularly meeting with your coach and taking the actions needed to meet your goals, clients often report that they met their goals at a faster pace than when they were trying it alone.
2. Thinking Partner: Your coach will provide you solid emotional guidance that will help you to explore options and develop action plans that are in your best interest.
3. Growth Mindset: Your coach will help foster a growth mindset to help you move through stressful situations as opposed to getting stuck in a rut with fixed mindsets.
4. Accountability: Your coach challenges you to follow through on effective actions plans and guides you through any hurdles that arise.
5. Increased Confidence in Decision Making: Your coach will help you to envision the future and the clearer these next steps look, the more confidence you will experience.
How can a Divorce Coach help?
If you are wondering if you would make a good candidate for coaching, do a quick check to see if you are:
- In need of extra support
- In need of a thinking partner
Areas that divorce coaching targets are:
- How to communicate with their spouse/ex-spouse
- How to tell a spouse that you will be filing a divorce
- How to inform the kids about the divorce
- Stress management tips
- Adjusting to life during a separation/divorce
- How to make informed decisions
- Coping with anxiety
- Getting through the grief cycle
- Organizational skills
- Introducing a new significant other to the kids
- Blending families
- And more...this is only a tip of the iceberg