Adele M. Garmirian EMAIL ME HERE
Fairfax Family Law Attorney
When choosing an attorney to assist with your family law matter, it is important to choose someone with whom you can feel both comfortable and confident. I strive to minimize my clients’ stress during what is often a difficult and emotional process by being a good listener, explaining the legal process in plain English, and providing prompt and thorough answers to questions. Whenever possible, I prefer to use negotiation and cooperative techniques to resolve matters by settlement, which generally results in lower overall costs to the client, both financial and emotional. I find that many clients feel empowered by settling on their own terms and maintaining control over the outcome of their cases.
When settlement is not possible and litigation is necessary, I will confidently advocate for your interests in court. I have experience litigating a variety of family law matters, and strive to be a thoughtful and compassionate advocate whether in or out of the courtroom.
I am a native and lifelong Washingtonian and grew up in McLean, Virginia. Although I have practiced family law exclusively for the last several years, my professional background also includes experience in journalism, sales, estate planning, and small business law, all of which have contributed to my knowledge and skills as a family lawyer. I have a particular interest in issues involving finance, real estate, and compensation and benefits. I enjoy the negotiating process and finding creative solutions to complex problems. In doing so, I have drafted a wide variety of property, support and custody agreements, as well as prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
One of the most interesting and enjoyable aspects of practicing family law in the DC metropolitan area is having the opportunity to represent service members and government employees (and spouses), as well as those who work in the private sector. As a result, I am experienced with dividing both military and civilian pension and retirement assets and handling custody and support issues that range from simple to complex. Overall, I am experienced in the negotiation and litigation of matters including divorce, equitable distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody and visitation, and post-divorce modification and enforcement.
If you would like to schedule a consultation appointment with me, please call our office at (703) 934-1480 or complete our initial consultation form. I look forward to meeting with you.
- Associate, Cooper Ginsberg Gray, PLLC (2012-present)
- Associate, Arlington Law Group (2011-2012)
- Pro Bono Attorney, Legal Services of Northern Virginia (2010-2012)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Stanley P. Klein (Ret.), Fairfax County Circuit Court (2009)
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Virginia Tech (B.A., 2002)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
Recognition, Activities and Community Involvement
- Selected by Super Lawyers as a Virginia “Rising Star” in family law, 2015 and 2016
- Pro Bono Attorney for the Legal Services of Northern Virginia "Attorney of the Day" program, which provides representation for clients seeking family abuse protective orders
- Legal Writing Fellow (George Mason University School of Law)
- Vice President, Student Bar Association (George Mason University School of Law)
- Vice Justice, Phi Alpha Delta (George Mason University School of Law)